1. What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through websites. They are tools that allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information obtained, can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
2. Types of cookies
We distinguish two types of cookies:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by Marina Ibiza and STP Shipyard Palma, and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain not managed by Marina Ibiza or STP Shipyard Palma, but by another entity that processes data obtained through cookies.
Depending on how long they remain activated, we can also differentiate between them.
- Session cookies: These collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: They store data on the terminal so that it can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie – from a few minutes to several years.
At Marina Ibiza and STP Shipyard Palma, we use our own cookies, as well as cookies from third parties:
Google Analytics: Google’s web analytics tool that helps websites and website owners to measure and analyse how users use the site. Through the web analytics, we can obtain information related to the number of users who access our website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, duration, browser used, language, or for example, the city to which your IP address is assigned. For more information about Google Analytics cookies, please visit:
Twitter: cookie used by the tweet display widget. For more information on Twitter cookies, please visit:
YouTube: cookies for the integration of the YouTube service in our website. For more information about YouTube cookies (Google), please visit:
Facebook: cookies for the integration of the Facebook service in our website. To find out more about Facebook cookies, please visit:
Your Weather: cookie used by the weather widget To find out more about Tu Tiempo cookies, please visit:
3. How to uninstall cookies or refuse them in your navigation?
You have the option of not receiving, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on your computer through your browser settings. We provide you below with the information provided by the main browsers in relation to cookie management.
– Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=
– Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
– Safari: http://www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
If you use another browser than those mentioned, you should consult the Help option of your browser.
If you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of the website.
Need help? Contact our team.
Please send any questions or queries you may have via the form below.